Monday, May 16, 2011

Korean Music: Clazziquai


K-Music of the Month

Everyone loves K-Pop . . . . well just about everyone. K-Pop is fun, young, sexy and trendy.  You got Big Bang, 2PM, After School, Kara alot of them. 



But is that all there is to Korean music. Of Course not, there can't be?  I have found it, they don't get much play but the group is loved internationally . . . . Clazziquai.  The group originally consists of A DJ, DJ Clazziquai who is basically a computer geek and started experimenting with music and his friends Alex and Christina Chu who are siblings.  






Eventually Christina was replaced by Horan and that is the group to this day.  They have completed four albums Instant Pig, Color Your Soul, Love Child of the Century and Mucho Punk (my favorite) and Mucho Musica along with some remix albums.  I call them a Indie group or Neo Soul as we Americans call it, the music can go from soulful to electronic in seconds and still sounds good.  Alex and Horan's voice over Clazziquai's music is like butter. 


 I can honestly say I listen to them basically everyday and it never gets old the music is well put together and often has a positive message. A few of my faves are Creator, Chocolate Truffles, Boss Nova all awesome songs. So no I'm not knocking K-Pop ( I think Rain is SUPER sexy  . . . He also did a track with Omarion, a R&B singer here in the states, it made me say hmmmmm . . . Saranghae!) I do listen to it and have a few that I like but it was also good to see the other side of Korean music and I must say its nice on that side too.

No comments:

Post a Comment